Saturday, October 16, 2010

Detailing cars aka new money pit. Rewarding though!

I have been suddenly and inexplicably been taken with the desire to restore all our cars to their new-car glory. The paint on the Accord and the Prelude have been pretty much neglected for a decade so doing this now is kinda pointless. I am also busy with lots of other things in life. However, this I feel is something I have to do. The other motivation for this vehicle appearance refresh is the feeling that I have to sell the Prelude sooner than later and I wanted to clean it up for the new owner and all that.

I have collected a whole bunch of tools over the past several years so I do have a random orbital buffer, bunch of pads, polishes, sealants etc (know most of the buzz words, see..). However, I restarted my research and now have come to a different set of conclusions or atleast want to start from a different point.

The inspiration for the born-again detailer mojo was this: Ask a detailer thread. This started a whole other list of related searches which lead me to bookmark
These have made me change how I do stuff as far as keeping the hondas clean which I'll document in subsequent posts as I have another post to add before I forget (or get busy).

No comments:

Post a Comment